Every Hero has a Story...

Friday, December 02, 2005

Election: Part 1

It’s a cold crisp winter, with windshields making it -25 C, but it's all good because I don’t really feel the cold and I have heat vision. Anyways, something odd is going on, it seems like there are red, blue, orange and green signs everywhere I turn, telling me about people whom I have never heard of. Yes it is election season again, but this time the circumstances are a bit off. It seems that there are multiple elections going on in quite a few countries at the same time, such as Canada, England, Egypt, Germany, China, Russia and USA, it is as if all of their leadership fell apart.

I personally didn’t care too much about the parties and will probably vote on the basis of “enie-menie-minie-mo”, however this soon changed, when an unusual new party came to stage, calling themselves The People’s Party of Talume, they were sweeping the polls in every country they ran in. Their platform was nothing impressive, very generic if you ask me but everyone became zombies around them.

I still didn’t care cause I was in the “zone” with Ashley, and that’s what was important, until one day Ashley came up to me after class wearing a Talume t-shirt and asking me who I am voting for. I said I didn’t care, and she seemed disappointed and angry at the same time. She gave me a huge lecture about how this was important and how Talume will bring a revolution. I began to have a gut feeling that something was wrong, but I couldn’t put my finger on it…

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home