Every Hero has a Story...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Truth: Part 2

That moment felt like a million years to me, and I kept thinking and standing there. I finally decided to take the risk and I ran in front of the truck, the front end wrapped around my body as I body checked the warm metal. When it was over I got out of there as fast as I could. I didn’t look back to see Ashley’s face.

The next day I got to class early and didn’t save a seat for Ashley (I assume she wouldn’t want anything to do with me). To my surprise, she sat right beside me and said “We need to talk”. Throughout the boring lecture, we neither said nor did anything.

Finally, at the end of the lecture, she grabbed my hand and took me to a reclusive area in the library, where she said “So, you have a secret eh?” I blushed and said “So you saw me?” She laughed and said “Barely, you move so fast. But, it is ok, I hear about the stuff you do in the news and I want you to know that I am very proud of you”. She softly kissed me on my cheek and said “Your secret is safe with me” and then she ran off to her next class…

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home