Every Hero has a Story...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Last Battle: Part 2

We approached Amulet’s fortress in Egypt and all I could see was a field of people, superheroes, armies and regular citizens all blindly protecting their queen. I turned around to Oriana and Electric Angel (EA) and said “You guys find somewhere to hide, there is no way we can take on this army. I will superspeed ahead and deal with this mess myself”. I was thinking that part of this was my fault anyways. Oriana and EA briefly looked at each other and EA turned to me to say “We are with you, we aren’t gonna turn tail in Earth’s last battle.” I whispered “It’s your funeral.

I super speeded ahead and turned around only briefly to see Oriana and EA get overrun by other bullets, missiles and other heroes. On my way to the fortress there were a few superheroes who could keep up with my speed, but they were no match for my strength as I knocked them to the side. After a few seconds of flying and fighting I reached the fortress to find Amulet alone sitting at her throne. She smiled at me with and said cheerfully “My king is here!” I gave a confused look and said “I am not your king!?” She sighed and responded “I knew you would say something like that. Always taking the moral superiority, but now you can really save the world. With me as your Queen you can rule the world in peace. No more war, no more violence, just complete bliss. I chose you to be my king because I knew you and I could be together to make this a better place.”

I went silent contemplating her proposal, I knew she couldn’t read my mind so I thought about what I could do. I looked down to the ground and thought about all the people I knew and all the suffering they went through and still are going through (in the case of EA). I looked up and said “Yes, my Queen. I accept your proposal.” Amulet had a huge smile on her face as she ran up to me. She slowly bowed and said “All hail the new King.”

At that moment that when her guard was down I put my arms around her and lifted her off the ground and began flying up. Smashing through her fortress and flying into space. She fought back hard, and I was beginning to lose grip on her, but I knew I just had to hold on as tight as I could and fly her away as fast as I could into the sun. The heat of the sun began to burn me and at the same time increased my speed she yelled “This will destroy both of us and the world will forget about you! They are ungrateful and you will be forgotten!” She then began saying something in a language I couldn’t understand and as the flaming sun touched her and I, she exploded sending my flying back towards Earth. As I fell through the atmosphere I saw my life flash before me as if all my memories were being presented to me for the last time and then everything went black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home